Tuesday 26 January 2016

Dead Man by Jim Jarmusch




"I was then taken east, in a cage. I was taken to Toronto. Then Philadelphia. And then to New York. And each time I arrived at another city, somehow the white men had moved all their people there ahead of me. Each new city contained the same white people as the last, and I could not understand how a whole city of people could be moved so quickly."


"My name is Exaybachay. He Who Talks Loud, Saying Nothing.
I preferred to be called Nobody."

"What name were you given at birth, stupid white man?"

"That weapon will replace your tongue. You will learn to speak through it. And your poetry will now be written with blood." 

"Back to the place where all the spirits came from, and where all the spirits return. This world will no longer concern you."

"Do you still have my eyeglasses?"
"No, I traded them. Do you have any tobacco?"
"No, I traded it."
"For what?"
"I'm not telling."
"Liar."
"Thief."







No comments:

Post a Comment